Welcome to the Austin Genealogical Society
Making genealogy come alive.
We’re glad that you’re here for a visit!
The Austin Genealogical Society is committed to giving you the tools you need to become a better genealogist.
- SIGs: AGS has several special interest groups (SIGs) that you should visit. At our Writing SIG members work together to hone their writing skills so that they can create compelling family histories and stories. We also have SIGs that focus on learning to use DNA test results to add powerful new capabilities to your genealogical research. One DNA SIG is for beginners (South) and one is for intermediates (North).
- Classes: The third Saturday of each month we have a genealogist teach a class for both beginner and intermediate genealogists.
- Monthly Meetings: At our monthly member meetings we bring in an expert to showcase genealogical research methods and new technology. All presentations are designed to help our members become better genealogists.
- Research Trips: Further your research with us as we visit genealogy libraries and archives across the US. Our Fall Trip (Oct 13 – 18) is to the Family History Library in Salt Lake City!
- Visitors Are Welcome: Like the SIGs and classes, visitors are always welcome at our monthly meetings. After a visit we’re sure you’ll want to join AGS. So please come. And bring a friend!
Upcoming for October (check events calendar for particulars)
- Oct 2 – DNA North Special Interest Group
- Oct 8 – Writing Special Interest Group (North location this month)
- Oct 13 – AGS Research Trip to Salt Lake City!
- Oct 19 – Third Saturday Class
- Oct 22 – Monthly AGS Meeting – Topic: Heraldry and Finding Your Ancestors’ Coats of Arms
- Oct 26 – DNA South Special Interest Group