Cemetery name Duty Cemetery
Alternate name Webberville Cemetery, Old Woods Cemetery,
Caretaker Webberville Ebenezer Baptist Church
Directions Located in In Eastern Travis County in Webberville, Texas. From intersection of 130 and 969 drive east on FM 969 for 6.7 miles to Webberville. Turn right (south) on Weber Street. Cemetery is in large pasture directly north of Webberville Ebenezer Baptist Church (located at 1314 Weber Street). Iron fence around Nash and Duty graves while headstone for Glover is located a few feet west in open pasture. Webberville Quad, 3097-214.
Latitude 30°13.521N
Longitude 97°30.818W
Restrictions Close gate behind you as cattle are frequently in the pasture.
Survey Date 3/19/2009
Photographed by Judy Shaw
Surveyed By Judy Shaw and Sue Shaw
Comments Needs cleaning. There are two Texas Historical Commission plaques located by the property. Church is still in contact with members of Duty family per church pastor.
Please note This page is part of the Austin Genealogical Society’s Cemetery Transcription Project. This information was compiled by volunteers who either transcribed historical records or visited the cemetery to write down the names and dates. Unless noted, the volunteer is not an affiliate of the cemetery.

Last Name First Name Date of Birth Date of Death Notes Photo
Duty Infant     Age 2 years; Infant of John Tyler Duty. Marker illegible.
Duty Infant     Age 3 years; Infant of John Tyler Duty. Marker illegible.
Duty Joseph 03-06-1801 09-11-1855 Son of Solomon Duty. Has 2 headstones.
Duty Matthew 1793 1837 Born Sumner Co., Tennessee; Died Webberville, Bastrop Co.,
Republic of Texas; An Austin Colony Pioneer 1839-1837; Son of Soloman
Duty; Grandson of Matthew and Amy Ballard Duty; Matthew Duty was killed
and scalped by Indians in the Spring of 1837.
Duty Milton T. 02-03-1836 02-22-1867 Son of Joseph & Louisa Turner Duty
Glover S. N. 1800 1852 Age 52 Years. Part of marker now illegible.
Nash, III Francis M. 01-16-1848 04-07-1855 Son of Francis M., II and Martha Jane Duty Nash; Drowned
in the Colorado River