The Genetic Genealogist
Blaine Bettinger, Ph.D., J.D.
Will help us add DNA to our genealogy toolboxes.
Saturday, May 12, 2018 All-Day Seminar Topics:
- Begging for Spit
- Using Autosomal DNA for 18th and 19th Century Mysteries
- Using Third-Party Tools to Analyze Autosomal DNA – Tools available at sites other than your testing company for DNA analysis.
- The Danger of Distant Matches – What are common pitfalls when analyzing DNA? What are the minimum requirements for genealogical proof using DNA?
Friday Afternoon, May 11, 2018 Advanced Topic Workshops:
- Visual Phasing – You’ve tested three siblings, now figure out which DNA segments belong to which grandparent.
- Advanced Third-Party Tools – Let’s explore the Phasing, Matching Segment Search, Lazarus, and Triangulation tools.
Location: Commons Learning Center, 10100 Burnet Road, Bldg 137, Austin, TX 78758
The Commons Learning Center is located at the J. J. Pickle Research Campus at the University of Texas at Austin. The J. J. Pickle Research Campus is across the street from the Domain and near the Arboretum. Some nearby hotels offer shuttle service to the Commons Learning Center. May is a busy month in Austin with many out of town visitors attending events. If you plan to attend and need a hotel room, book early.
This is an advance announcement for the seminar and workshops. More details and pricing information will be posted in late 2017/early 2018 .
Check back regularly for additional information.