- This event has passed.
AGS / AGE Fourth Saturday Lab Class – Radical Research – How to Maximize YOUR Time on Location by Dianne Holley
May 25, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
RADICAL RESEARCH – How to Maximize YOUR Time on Location –
(a different approach to recording and processing research)
Find it. Source it. Record it,
Back at your home computer:
Process it. Analyze it. Report it
With a smart phone or camera and a free PC application, you’ll learn a fast and efficient way to work through multiple sources, manage your findings, and create a useable reference for your project.
This is a computer lab for AGS members only. Class fee is $10.00. Seating capacity is 10. Contact the organizer to register: email@example.com
CLASSTIME: 10:00 TO 12:30
LOCATION: The Computer Lab at Austin Groups for the Elderly, 3710 Cedar St., Austin, TX 78705 – see the map attached, and please read and understand the following.
- ONLY Lidded cups are allowed in the lab. Coffee and tea are provided.
- There are at least two seats with keyboards for those who are visually impaired. Please defer from sitting at one until you have determined it is not needed by someone else
- ACCESS: The building occupies the entire block between Cedar and Home Streets. The lab is only open on the weekends for us by special arrangement. There will be no access through the Cedar Street main door. Access will be from the back parking lot on HOME LANE, then up the ramp to the back door.
- HOME LANE PARKING LOT: There is a small, free parking lot behind the building along Home Lane that can be accessed from an entrance (marked on the MAP Attached in Orange) on 35th Street (between Home Lane and Cedar Street) Disabled spaces are at the far north end of the lot facing Home Lane.
- STREET PARKING: The lot will likely not be full on Saturday. If the lot is full, or If you prefer, you can park in the neighborhood along Home Lane (west side) and along 35th Street (north side only),
- ENTRANCE on HOME LANE: SEE THE MAP From the parking lot facing the back of the building look left. There is a ramp up to the left and then right to the back entrance for the lab. Once you enter the building through the back door, the lab is to your left and left again (marked on the map in Yellow)
- SOMEONE WILL MAN THE DOOR UNTIL 10:05. If you arrive late, class will have to be interrupted to let you in, so please arrive early – have a cup of coffee or tea and visit your fellow classmates. If you do arrive late, text the Instructor at 512-922-4541 to have someone come let you in.